Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday

You Wish by Mandy Hubbard (Prada & Prejudice) out August 5, 2010.
You Wish is one of those books that was squee enducing from a) the moment I saw the cover but also b) the moment I read the summary... Cupcakes and ponies and pink?! And:
Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteenth sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin’ do.

Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s supply of gumballs arrives. And a boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride… but they MUST STOP. Because when she was 15? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her.

And Ben is her best friend’s boyfriend.
Really? How can you not be in love with that?

It's one of those books that I'm showing people the Goodreads page or the Amazon page (or the something-with-it page) and saying 'Doesn't that have the absolute potential to be perfect for me?' because (I'm a dork and do things like that and, more importantly) it does!!

Because while I do love my super serious, heavy books, I also can't wait to read a book about life-sized My Little Ponys and birthday wishes come true.


Goodreads page & Amazon page

2 comments:

  1. This book looks so amazing. I absolutly love the pink on the cover and can't wait for the release date-which is too far away! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Morgan
    This is possibly the one I'm most, most waiting for! (Of course I might be forgetting something but I'm really, REALLY waiting on this one).

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...