Friday, April 9, 2010

Waiting On & Video Veneris

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (link & info at bottom)

This is combining my Waiting on Wednesday and my Video Veneris because I was out of town for Easter and didn't get posts done this week. (And this is an Amazon video so I have a link but can't figure out the posting the video here...)

I loved the sound of Andrea Cremer's Nightshade when I first found it (either on Amazon or Goodreads) and then this week I saw the cover and it's just gorgeous-o.

While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all. (from the author's website)
It's an at least three book series and the Nightshade website is here

And here's the page with the Amazon trailer: watch (it's also currently on the book page).

It's not out until all the way in October (the 19th to be exact) which is over 6 months away...but that just makes it perfect timing for a birthday present for me (almost to the day, actually) not that I'll object if I somehow get to read it early--I might even make myself some cupcakes or something :)

Nightshade's Amazon page
Nightshade
Andrea Cremer
Philomel
528 pages
October 19, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...