Sunday, April 29, 2012

Divergent/Insurgent Factions: Candor

In this Divergent/Insurgent #TeamI'mNotSure post, I'm looking at the Candor faction . . .

Why #TeamCandor?

divergent.wikia.com
Well, they're obviously honest and candid as the name implies. You don't have to guess what anyone's thinking or if they're saying something just to be nice but really mean something else. It's why those in Candor wear black and white - to reflect how they see things.

Sometimes those in Candor can be considered honest to a fault - there are times when a certain degree of honesty can be considered insulting. While those in Candor would rather hear the brutal truth and maybe an insult, I don't know if I always would.

Being in Candor would definitely either give you thicker skin or break you.

Candor seems to be the hardest faction to be yea or nay about. They're very truthful and while it might be hard to always hear the absolute truth (and wear no colors, I'll admit), there's not an incredibly strong negative there.

Though, I might change my mind after I'd been there a while! (It's also not as discussed - either on Candor pages or in Divergent, I don't think - but sometimes the truth isn't black and white, especially when it comes to larger issues, so I would likely have a problem with that in Candor.)

Factions page on DivergentFans.com and CandorFactionNews on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...