Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine


The Originals by Cat Patrick
A riveting new story from Cat Patrick, author of Forgotten and Revived.

17-year-olds Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey Best grew up as identical triplets... until they discovered a shocking family secret. They're actually closer than sisters, they're clones. Hiding from a government agency that would expose them, the Best family appears to consist of a single mother with one daughter named Elizabeth. Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey take turns going to school, attending social engagements, and a group mindset has always been a de facto part of life...

Then Lizzie meets Sean Kelly, a guy who seems to see into her very soul. As their relationship develops, Lizzie realizes that she's not a carbon copy of her sisters; she's an individual with unique dreams and desires, and digging deeper into her background, Lizzie begins to dismantle the delicate balance of an unusual family that only science could have created.
Okay, so this is the arc cover - it may change before the final one, though I do love this one - but it's a cover which means I can use this as my WoW pick!!!

And I just about have to because I am really kind of crazily in love with Cat Patrick's writing (Forgotten review, Spring Break Blog Spectacular author interview, Revived review, and both Forgotten and Revived were WoW picks, too).

Patrick's debut book Forgotten was splendiferous and left me with incredibly high expectations for Revived  . . . and then what happened? Oh, that's right, I absolutely adored it/ Cat Patrick's two books are two that I recommend whole-heartedly (and give as gifts, too) and I cannot wait for The Originals. I think I might have to work on getting an arc of this one!


The Originals is out May 7, 2013 from Little Brown Young Readers --- Goodreads/Amazon

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds AMAZING! I'm definitely adding it to my TBR!

    Great pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...