Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday

Happy Day After the Election, here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick!!

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.
First? I adore the title -- I like titles that use phrases, idioms, quotes, lyrics, etc. and this one is one that I just find, well, pretty.  

I also think the cover's pretty gorgeous, the font itself is spectacular and really draws your attention to the title and while the image is in the background (allowing the title to be the focal point), when you do pay attention to it, it has something going on . . .

And: "Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back." Seriously? This book blurb and cover combo is one that leaves me with one thought really, "Gimme, gimme, gimme."



April Genevieve Tucholke's debut, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, the first in a series will be out August 15th from Dial.

Add it to your Goodreads, pre-order from Book Depository, or Amazon


What's your pick for this week? Link me in the comments!!





2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for this one. When I first saw the cover it didn't look like anything I'd enjoy but after reading the synopsis I'm convinced that I'll like it. (:

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this book as a WoW a while ago without the cover, but it's gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...