Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday [@SarahCrossan @EpicReads]

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

My pick for this week:


ONE by Sarah Crossan

Tippi and Grace share everything—clothes, friends . . . even their body. Writing in free verse, Sarah Crossan tells the sensitive and moving story of conjoined twin sisters, which will find fans in readers of Gayle Forman, Jodi Picoult, and Jandy Nelson.

Tippi and Grace. Grace and Tippi. For them, it’s normal to step into the same skirt. To hook their arms around each other for balance. To fall asleep listening to the other breathing. To share. And to keep some things private. The two sixteen-year-old girls have two heads, two hearts, and each has two arms, but at the belly, they join. And they are happy, never wanting to risk the dangerous separation surgery.

But the girls’ body is beginning to fight against them. And soon they will have to face the impossible choice they have avoided for their entire lives.


published September 15th by Greenwillow Books

add to your Goodreads shelf // pre-order from Book Depo // or Amazon



Why?

I love books about the relationships between sisters - even more so when there's something especially unique about one or both of them.

I also want to read more novels in verse and after reading Apple and Rain (which I love, love, love), where Sarah Crossan included some poetry, I'm really looking forward to a whole novel in verse from her.

This is one I absolutely cannot wait until I can start!


That's my pick for this week, what's yours? Tell me in the comments and/or link me to your own post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...