Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: #WeNeedDiverseBooks [@diversebooks @RainbowBoxesYA[


This week's Ten:

This week is a Thanksgiving Freebie (). I decided to change my original theme to something I really am thankful for: Diversity in YA Books.

There is a lot of hate, negativity, cruelty, violence and judgement in the world. We really do need to be more accepting, welcoming and embracing of others and I love when some of those 'others' are present in what I read.

It doesn't need to be all sunshine, roses and rainbows; life/reality/the world is complicated and that's usually reflected. I just love books that reflect how diverse our world is. (And maybe they show someone that we're not all as different as they might think.)

10 of the Diverse YA Books I'm Thankful For 

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
review // Goodreads


Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
review // Goodreads


Challenger Deep by Neal Shuserman
review // Goodreads


The Scorpion Rules (#1) by Erin Bow
review // Goodreads


This Side of Home by Renee Watson
review // Goodreads


This Shattered World (Starbound #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
review // Goodreads


I Am J by Cris Beam
review // Goodreads

The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson
review // Goodreads


Hush by Eishes Chayil
review // Goodreads


Scarlett Undercover by Jennifer Latham
review // Goodreads



Please leave a comment and let me know what your Top Ten topic was for this week (and link me to it) and/or tell me some of your favorite 'Diverse' reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...