Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 2017 Reads [@torbooks @DelacortePress @delreybooks @fluxbooks @simonteen @penguinteen @swoonreads]


This week's Ten:

 Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To For The First Half Of 2017


This week I really couldn't narrow it down to ten books, so there are thirteen (I thought I had it down to eleven which seemed great . . . only to realize I'd forgotten two I couldn't not include, so thirteen.):

Seeker (Riders #2) by Veronica Rossi
I am really, really looking forward to seeing where this story (and series) go now that we have the general setup, know the characters, they know each other and some of what's at stake. Not to mention how the book ended . . . 

The Adjustment (The Program #3) by Suzanne Young

I loved The Program as soon as I read it - Sloane and James are still two of my favorites from any book. At first, I was sorry that the characters wouldn't be carried over into the other books (The Remedy, The Epidemic) but once I read them, I really didn't care. (Or much, I do really like Sloane and James.) I love how the different books, different characters and different points in time all work together so well to create the world of the Program.

Now I Rise (The Conquerer's Saga #2) by Kiersten White

The 'Vlad the Impaler' as a girl concept is till so much fun (and hold so many possibilities). Now that I know about Leda's childhood and her character, I'm curious to see what happens as she gets older and how close to history/legend it is.

Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis

It is never too soon for another Mindy McGinnis book to read. I love her characters, that there are girls, young women who aren't what you would expect - either because of the time period, because of society and what they think girls should be, or some combination of all of it. Plus, this one's a fantasy!

Blacksouls (Blackhearts #2) by Nicole Castroman

In Blackouls, I get those fantastic characters we met in Blackhearts and more pirate-ness? What culd be better? (Not a lot, that's the answer.)

The Edge of the Abyss (The Abyss Surrounds Us #2) by Emily Skrutskie

It's sea monsters, pirates, ships and now we can get even more into the story, the characters and the world!

Daughter of the Pirate King by Trish Levenseller

It's pirates! I kind of love pirates. Especially girl pirates and this one has a romance, a father-daughter relationship and sounds like a great read!

Bad Blood by Demitria Lunetta
Goodreads // In the After review

In the After and In the End are two of my favorite books. I love Amy and Baby and the wold imagined in those two books. Something new from Demitria Lunetta is an absolute, absolute must read for me, this one can't come out soon enough.

Wires and Nerves, Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer, illustrated by Douglas Holgate

It is a graphic novel and it's about Iko, what more do you need to know to need to read it? (Nothing, hopefully.)

Duels & Deception by Cindy Anstey

Love, Lies & Spies was such a fun read and I really am looking forward to more from Cindy Anstey (maybe just a bit more than I originally was because of the suggestion of 'duels.' Maybe.)

Alone (The Generations Trilogy #3) by Scott Sigler
Goodreads // Alive & Alight reviews

I don't want to be too specific with this one because I really don't want to accidentally spoil anything, at all! This series has been full of brilliant surprises and unbelievable endings. I thought Alive has an ending that couldn't be beat but oh did Alight's ending. So much happens in these books and I enjoy them so much, I really want to read Alone!  

The Other F-Word by Natasha Friend

I enjoyed Where You'll Find Me so much more that I had ever expected to. I thought it was going to be sweet and cute and nice but there was so much more to that story. The characters (honestly, I really did love Marnie) were amazing and the way difficult subjects were tackled was really well done. It all has me excited to read The Other F-Word (not to mention it has an awesome title).

Traveler by L.E. DeLano

Traveler's alternate worlds, alternate versions of the main character's life and I haven't read an alternate realities book is a while. I am especially drawn to the fact that it isn't just one alternate world, but several. (That and the streampunk pirates bit, of course.)





Please leave a comment and let me know your most anticipated reads from the first half of next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...