Friday, March 31, 2017

Book Trailer Friday [@FaberChildrens @ChloeDaykin]

The trailer I want to feature this week is for Fish Boy by Chloe Daykin and illustrated by Richard Jones:



Fish Boy
Faber & Faber
March 02, 2017
add to Goodreads/buy from Book Depository/or Amazon UK

People call me Fish Boy. My skin goes up and down like the waves. My mind goes in and out like the sea. They say I've always got my mouth open, that I ask too many questions. But what's wrong with that?

Billy's got a lot on his mind - that he'd rather not think or talk about. So he watches David Attenborough, because Sir David's asked all the questions and got all the answers, and swims in the sea, just letting his mind drift . . .

So when new boy and nature fan Patrick Green starts at school with 'fingers like steel, strength of a bear' and a mackerel swims up to Billy's face, blows bubbles into his Vista Clear mask goggles and says: 'Fish Boy', Billy knows he can't keep it secret, because . . . a crazy talking mackerel changes EVERYTHING.

Shimmering with almost-magic and adventure, this is an exceptional read.

Accompanied by gorgeous illustrations by Richard Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...