Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday [@bloomsburykids @sarahcrossan]

Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

My pick for this week:



MOONRISE by Sarah Crossan

With little money or support, Joe Moon, seventeen, travels to Texas to help the older brother he barely knows through his last few weeks before being executed for murder.


published May 08th* by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

add to your Goodreads shelf // pre-order from Book Depo // or Amazon


Why?

I really loved Sarah Crossan's novels One (review) and Apple and Rain (♡ ♡ review ♡ ♡) . I adored the characters - especially in Apple and Rain - and their relationships. The author did a fantastic job showing readers these complicated, sometimes troubled, not-quite-the-norm families and their dynamics and made them seem beyond real.

Given all of that, I am very, very eager to read Moonrise and find out who Joe is, who is brother is, why his brother is being executed, why they don't know each other, why Joe was the one going to Texas -- and what happens between the brothers once he reaches his destination. I have high hopes for this novel and cannot wait until its (the US edition, UK is already out) released.


That's my pick for this week, what's yours? Tell me in the comments and/or link me to your own post!



*I have also seen a February publication date, but the Bloomsbury site says May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Trailer Friday [@RandomHouse @TransworldBooks]

Beth Dorey-Stein's From the Corner of the Oval  - a tale of being the White House stenographer during the Obama administration will be ...